[ltt-dev] lttng development plan

KOSAKI Motohiro kosaki.motohiro at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Jan 22 22:21:48 EST 2009

> > >   - Integrate LTTng with LKCD, test with kernel crash extraction,
> > >     create tools to simplify extraction of traces from crashed kernel,
> > >     integrate those tools to ltt-control.
> >
> > We will implement it.
> >

> Great :) Note that there has already been some work done on this. This
> in available as an addition to the crosscrash tool :
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/crosscrash/
>
> There is a cross-crash-ltt.patch file available on the project website,
> but I think it has not been updated since 2007. Some integration work
> will have to be done.
>
> Also outputting the traces in the video card's memory would be a
> nice-to-have, because this memory often survives hot reboots.

Just dumb question.

Do you receive this feature requesting from anybody?

Currently, expected flight-recored mode user is enterprise guys.
They usually use crash dumps. then, kernel panic cause tons i/o anyway
although tracing infomation don't.

Then, this feature doesn't reduce rebooting times, I think.