[ltt-dev] PMC support for ARMv6

Gaurav Singh gausinghnsit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 00:48:45 EST 2009

Hi Mathieu / all,
I have integrated PMC in ARMv6 primarily for 2 aims:
1. CPI calculations - this trace_mark is triggered triggered after X no. of
clock cycles. The number of instructions executed and the no. of clock
cycles is noted.
2. Cache Hit rate calculation - Here I have not used the PMC registers in
the ARM processor - rather have used L2 Cache controller  registers to find
out this information - but this does not provide information about the L1
cache hit/miss behaviour.

Any other suggestions on what else can be done in PMC?

Also have ported LTTng to 2.6.24 for two Nomadik Boards - NDK15 and
NDK20. Doing some tests and will send it over to you guys soon for your
comments.

Cheers!
Have a Nice Day!
Gaurav