[ltt-dev] Trace extraction after Crash

Gaurav Singh gausinghnsit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 02:02:43 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has extracted the trace after a crash dump. The
following menuconfig option exists :

config LTT_VMCORE
        bool "Support trace extraction from crash dump"
        depends on LTT
        default y
        help
          If you enable this option, the Linux Trace Toolkit Tracer will
          support extacting ltt log from vmcore, which can be generated with
          kdump or LKCD tools.
          Special crash extension should be used to extract ltt buffers.

Now I understand it enables some code to enable extraction of trace from
crash dump. What are steps involved to get the trace after a crash ?

Regards
Gaurav