[ltt-dev] [RFC git tree] Userspace RCU (urcu) for Linux (repost)

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 5 23:58:41 EST 2009

(sorry for repost, I got the ltt-dev email wrong in the previous one)

Hi Paul,

I figured out I needed some userspace RCU for the userspace tracing part
of LTTng (for quick read access to the control variables) to trace
userspace pthread applications. So I've done a quick-and-dirty userspace
RCU implementation.

It works so far, but I have not gone through any formal verification
phase. It seems to work on paper, and the tests are also OK (so far),
but I offer no guarantee for this 300-lines-ish 1-day hack. :-) If you
want to comment on it, it would be welcome. It's a userland-only
library. It's also currently x86-only, but only a few basic definitions
must be adapted in urcu.h to port it.

Here is the link to my git tree :

git://lttng.org/userspace-rcu.git

http://lttng.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=userspace-rcu.git;a=summary