[ltt-dev] LTTng on OMAP3530

bastelg at aim.com bastelg at aim.com
Tue Dec 29 16:36:30 EST 2009

Hello Mathieu,

thanks for your fast reply concerning my problem with your 2.6.32-rc8-omap-pm-omap-pm-lttng-0.183o branch. I pulled the new 185-version and there was no linker error anymore - so everything's fine now.
But I had a bit of trouble to get everything to work. The tracer gave me nearly no output after my first trace run and I found out, that the lttarm-all script hadn't been executed correctly. On my embedded system I installed busybox 1.13.2 and that'll be the reason. I adapted the script a bit and now it works (-> attachment : at some if-conditions problems occured and the -d option of "read" is unknown to busybox). To make lttng a good choice for embedded systems I suggest to make this script compatible to busybox...
There was another stone I stumbled over - I crosscompiled the lttd-daemon on my notebook, configured a local install folder and ran "make install". Then I copied the executables to my SD-card. This lead to an "error" in lttctl.c - the application didn't find the lttd-daemon any more. Perhaps this can be changed in the future so that the application searches in /bin or /usr/bin first before returning the error. Meanwhile I use the environment variable LTT_DAEMON.
Thanks for your fast reply again and respect for your great project!

Sebastian Geissler