[ltt-dev] LTTng on OMAP3530

bastelg at aim.com bastelg at aim.com
Sat Dec 26 15:14:04 EST 2009

Hello,

I'd like to use LTTng for some performance measurements on an OMAP3530 platform. I've read that this platform is supported and tried to get a suitable kernel patched during the last few days - without success. Using a mainline kernel (2.6.30) with standard lttng patches results in many missing drivers (for example sd-card-support). Patching a kernel of the OMAP-kernel tree (2.6.30-omap1) with standard lttng patches doesn't seem to possible as well (patching fails). I also tried to use the lttng kernel tree from git://lttng.org/linux-omap-pm-2.6-lttng.git (branch 2.6.32-rc8-omap-pm-omap-pm-lttng-0.183o). Compiling the kernel leads to a linker error:
LD vmlinux
drivers/built-in.o : (__tracepoints+0x0) : multiple definition of '__tracepoints_power_end'
kernel/built-in.o : (__tracepoints+0x800) : first defined here

So at at the moment I've no idea how I can get this to run. Is there a chance to patch a 2.6.31-omap1 or 2.6.32-omap1 kernel with lttng? Or does the lttng-OMAP-kernel-tree provide the needed OMAP drivers and does anybody know something about the linker error?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian Geissler