[ltt-dev] LGPL licensing

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Mon Aug 24 10:31:43 EDT 2009

Hi David,

I've sent the detailed listing of code we need to dual-license to IBM
about a month ago. Tom Zanussi (original RelayFS author) agrees to
re-license this code to LGPL, but given that the copyright is owned by
IBM, we have to get their approval. I am waiting for news from their
side. From my past experience, this kind of process usually takes time,
but IBM have been very cooperative so far.

It's fortunately the very last piece of code we need to dual-license
LTTng to GPL/LGPL completely.

Any news on the IBM side ?