[ltt-dev] patches for 31-rc5?

Gregory Haskins gregory.haskins at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 11:08:13 EDT 2009

Hi Mathieu

Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> * Mathieu Desnoyers (compudj at krystal.dyndns.org) wrote:
>> * Gregory Haskins (gregory.haskins at gmail.com) wrote:
>>> Are there any in the works?  If not, perhaps I can take a stab at the
>>> forward port.
>>>
>> Not yet, but -rc5 sounds like a good timing to start forward porting.
>> I'll look into this today.
>>

> Hrm, the instrumentation part will take a while to port, because we have
> more and more clashes with ftrace.
>
> If you want to start working on this, please provide patches in the
> form:
>
> original-patch.reject-fix-2.6.31.patch
>
> for each patch which has rejects, so I can look at the result and merge
> them through the patchset.

I thought I would try to automate this process a little bit, so I wrote
a script to run through and stop when it hits rejects, create the new
patch, etc.

I figured I should check to see if it is generating output like you
expect, before I do all the work.

What it does is refresh each patch with the non-conflicts, and then
generates a new patch with the same as the original, but with ".fixes"
appended to the end, and a "Fixes for 2.6.31-rc6" prologue.

(And yes, I know the "From:" attribution of the original patches is
wrong since it is assigning credit to me..I tried to fix this but it
didn't work...just ignore the "From" field in the original patch for now)

Here is a trial run of the first few patches.  When the original and
fixes patch is empty, I means "drop the patch" since its already upstream.

ftp://ftp.novell.com/dev/ghaskins/patch-2.6.31-rc6-0.155.tar.bz2

Does this look about right?

Kind Regards,
-Greg