[ltt-dev] patches for 31-rc5?

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 13 10:23:24 EDT 2009

* Mathieu Desnoyers (compudj at krystal.dyndns.org) wrote:
> * Gregory Haskins (gregory.haskins at gmail.com) wrote:
> > Are there any in the works?  If not, perhaps I can take a stab at the
> > forward port.
> >

> Not yet, but -rc5 sounds like a good timing to start forward porting.
> I'll look into this today.

Hrm, the instrumentation part will take a while to port, because we have
more and more clashes with ftrace.

If you want to start working on this, please provide patches in the
form:

original-patch.reject-fix-2.6.31.patch

for each patch which has rejects, so I can look at the result and merge
them through the patchset.

Note that the cpufreq stuff and the alternative cleanup at the beginning
of the patchset are already merged in mainline.

I will not have the necessary time to do the port for a while, it will
probably have to wait closer to 2.6.31 on my side. But patches are
welcome.