[ltt-dev] Problems with merging patch-2.6.30-rc2-lttng-0.126

Gregory Haskins ghaskins at novell.com
Thu Apr 23 15:21:47 EDT 2009

Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> * Gregory Haskins (ghaskins at novell.com) wrote:
>
>> Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:

>>> Hrm, weird, I may have messed up the packaging. I just released LTTng
>>> 0.127 which should not have such conflicts.
>>>

>> Hi Mathieu,
>>  I am seeing more or less the same thing with 0.127.  The series has a
>> ton of conflicts against 30-rc2 and even itself.  Its as if the patches
>> are based on a different tree.
>>
>> Its probably operator error, but I cannot see what I am doing wrong.
>> Its the same procedure I have always used to bring your tree in.
>>

> Hmmmmm... it works here... (just tested it again to make sure)
>
> Can you give me the exact sequence of operation you use to apply the
> patchset ? (getting kernel.org tarballs/git, unpacking the lttng
> patchset, using quilt...)

Sure, I am using git as the base, and then stgit "import" to pull the
series in.  Here is a dump of my history from my current attempt:

 1070  git clone -l linux-2.6 linux-2.6-ltt
 1071  cd linux-2.6-ltt/
 1072  wget
http://ltt.polymtl.ca/files/lttng/patch-2.6.30-rc2-lttng-0.127.tar.bz2
 1073  tar -jxvf patch-2.6.30-rc2-lttng-0.127.tar.bz2
 1074  git branch
 1075  git checkout -b master v2.6.30-rc2
 1076  git log
 1077  stg init
 1078  stg import --ignore -s patch-2.6.30-rc2-lttng-0.127/series

I have confirmed that Linus' 2.6.30-rc2 tag is the ancestor that
immediately precedes the first LTT patch.  I have used this same
procedure for years successfully, including working with LTT.  I'm sure
I am doing something wrong, but I can't see it.

-Greg