[ltt-dev] performance results I measured with the latest lttng patches

Michael Rubin mrubin at google.com
Wed Sep 24 16:28:13 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Mathieu Desnoyers
<compudj at krystal.dyndns.org> wrote:
> yeah, about, say.. unnoticeable ? :)

This is great news. I was not sure how closely aligned we are.

What are the goals for when tracing is enabled? At that point
unnoticeable seems unrealistic. Is there a perf impact where you say
good enough?

> I have a dual-quad cores at my lab, I'll run some tbench tests on this
> setup to try to figure out what went wrong. I guess there might be some
> option enabled when it shouldn't, or maybe I made some sort of stupid
> error.... :) Anyway, that should not be too hard to find, hopefully.

Great. Thanks a ton. There are a lot of folks at Google hungry for this feature.

The more improvements in performance the easier it is for me to throw
resources and hopefully contribute to your efforts too.

Thanks again,

mrubin