[ltt-dev] LTTng 0.50 for kernel 2.6.27.4

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at polymtl.ca
Thu Oct 30 23:42:01 EDT 2008

LTTng 0.50 fixes immediate values by reverting the "jump patching"
version of immediate values. They were always on, and therefore broken.

It also reimplements tracepoint, marker and imv mutexes.

It also fixes tracepoints by setting the array to NULL when disabled.

One of the visible side-effects was that removing a LTTng probe module
after all the probes had been disarmed caused a crash.

I implemented the mutexes and module notification I discussed with Lay
last night. It is also in 0.50.

Things are getting in good shape !