[ltt-dev] TODO list before releasing LTTng-buffering to LKML

Zhaolei zhaolei at cn.fujitsu.com
Sun Oct 26 23:10:40 EDT 2008

* Mathieu Desnoyers <compudj at krystal.dyndns.org>wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the steady work those past days.
>
> This is mainly a status update of the TODO and request for status
> feedback on the action items :
>
> * Mathieu Desnoyers (compudj at krystal.dyndns.org) wrote:
>> * Mathieu Desnoyers (compudj at krystal.dyndns.org) wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Just to keep you posted on the current development, this is what is left
>> > on my roadmap before I post a minimal LTTng (only the timestamping,
>> > event ID management and buffering) to LKML :
>> >
>> > Todo list before posting LTTng-buffering to LKML
>> >
>> > - Create a simplified ltt-relay (use interrupt disable instead of
>> >   lockless algo)
>
> Done,
>
>> > - merge a simplified lttv in lttng
>
> Still todo,
>

>> > Todo list after posting first LTTng-buffering release to LKML :
>> >
>> > - assign marker IDs per channel
>
> Still todo,
>
>> > - switch ltt-control.ko (currently over netlink) to debugfs
>
>> > - switch marker list (and marker activation (currently in /proc/ltt) to debugfs
We separated it into 3 steps,
(in 2008-10-20's ltt-maillist with title of "TODO list before releasing LTTng-buffering to LKML]")
and now we have finished a phototype of step1.
It step1's src is confirmd, we will continue step2 and 3.

We will send you src of step1 today(based on 2.6.27.2-lttng-0.46).

>> >   Marker directory. One file per marker.
We will begin it soon.

>> > - Create a ltt-ascii.ko kernel module which merge-sorts the buffers and exports
>> >   them to userspace through a debugfs file.
We will begin it soon.