[ltt-dev] tracepoints for kernel/mutex.c

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Fri Oct 17 12:36:30 EDT 2008

* KOSAKI Motohiro (kosaki.motohiro at jp.fujitsu.com) wrote:
> Hi
>
> > Folks, lets please start by getting the tracing infrastructure in and
> > those few high-level trace-points google proposed.
> >
> > Until we get the basics in, I think I'm going to NAK any and all
> > tracepoint/marker patches.
>
> Could you please tell me how to get these patches?
> I'd like to review it.

Hi Kosaki,

I am focusing on the timestamping/data relay/tracing control
infrastructure for now, so I think it is too soon to post the
instrumentation patches selelected from LTTng which correspond to the
Google instrumentation before we get something that makes that data
useful within the kernel, but if you still want to have a look, comments
are welcome.

See
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/compudj/linux-2.6-lttng.git
or
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/compudj/patches/2.6/2.6.27/patch-2.6.27-lttng-0.43.tar.bz2

Commits :

irq-handle-prepare-for-instrumentation.patch
lttng-instrumentation-irq.patch
lttng-instrumentation-scheduler.patch
lttng-instrumentation-timer.patch
lttng-instrumentation-kernel.patch