[ltt-dev] LTTng formal verification fix, take 2

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Tue Oct 14 20:34:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

I went over the formal verification fix about the reader thinking that
subbuffers are full when in fact they are empty, which could happen with
particularly small subbuffers or large events.

The initial version I did have gross errors in offset handling. This
version seems to be much better. I went over all the changes one by one
and found out my previous mistakes.

Those changes are introduced by
lttng-transport-formal-verif-fix-2.patch
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/compudj/linux-2.6-lttng.git;a=commit;h=ff21b5f94a5134ddc3d838f4c81b9b2a5d0828a6
and
lttng-transport-locked-formal-verif-fix-2-port.patch
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/compudj/linux-2.6-lttng.git;a=commit;h=77a5887ad065a3bb3156c6ba910d785e03def3de

in LTTng 0.41.

Feel free to review and test them.