[ltt-dev] TODO list before releasing LTTng-buffering to LKML

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Tue Oct 7 21:02:11 EDT 2008

Hi!

Just to keep you posted on the current development, this is what is left
on my roadmap before I post a minimal LTTng (only the timestamping,
event ID management and buffering) to LKML :

Todo list before posting LTTng-buffering to LKML

- Create a simplified ltt-relay (use interrupt disable instead of
  lockless algo)
- merge a simplified lttv in lttng

Todo list after posting first LTTng-buffering release to LKML :

- assign marker IDs per channel
- switch ltt-control.ko (currently over netlink) to debugfs
- switch marker list (and marker activation (currently in /proc/ltt) to debugfs
  Marker directory. One file per marker.
- Create a ltt-ascii.ko kernel module which merge-sorts the buffers and exports
  them to userspace through a debugfs file.

If some of you are interested to work on any of these, you are welcome.
I'll be glad to post more details about these items upon request.