[ltt-dev] To limit the size of trace data

Takashi Nishiie t-nishiie at np.css.fujitsu.com
Fri Jun 20 03:32:43 EDT 2008

Hi.

 To limit the size of trace data, can you enhance it? I want to
cooperate in development if it is possible.
 LTTng is operated by the background until some problems occur,
and to want to do is to discontinue tracing and to analyze trace
data when the problem occurs. I want to evade the output of huge
trace data by the time the phenomenon that wants to be analyzed
is generated.
 For instance, it is a function of acquiring trace data of 2GB
or less, and maintaining the backlog of the fourth generation from
the new one.
 Or, trace data is usually maintained in the memory, and trace data
is cut out from dump data acquired with kdump when kernel panic is
generated.

Regards,
Takashi Nishiie