[ltt-dev] General Questions

Kevin Harms harms at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 30 13:17:58 EDT 2008

  Ok. Using baby steps I've got a working kernel and was able to do the following:
  start trace
  run test program
  stop trace

  i now have the trace data. Can someone give me an idea of how to interpret the data? Is there documentation describing the output format of the textDump module?

  To summarize what I'm looking for. My test program called fsync 20 times. Most of the times these calls are "fast", but sometimes a few calls take 10x that. So i'd like to identify the slow call and see what's happening around it.

kevin