[ltt-dev] sub roadmap for text output

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Fri Dec 26 10:23:35 EST 2008

* Lai Jiangshan (laijs at cn.fujitsu.com) wrote:
> Lai Jiangshan wrote:
>
> > 2) ltt-relay events traveling
> >    current ltt-relay does not support iterator. it seems that ltt-relay is too
> >    complex to do this things. Is any plan to revise ltt-relay?
> >

> Hi, Mathieu Desnoyers
>
> 	Merry Christmas!
>
> 	I still don't know how to deal with corrupted data which is brought when
> subbuffer is pushed by the writer in the kernel. Any idea?
> The iterator is hard to be designed congruously with reserver side.

Merry Christmas Lai,

Here is how to deal with it :

- Allow iterators only in the following cases :
  - non-overwrite channel
  - writing is stopped (paused) in overwrite channel

- _Never_ allow iterators on overwrite channels with non-paused writers.
  That's the only scenario which can corrupt a channel due to a writer
  push.

Best regards,

Mathieu

P.S. I'll be on vacation and probably unreachable until January 2nd.