[ltt-dev] support of legacy OS

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Fri Dec 19 15:19:36 EST 2008

Hi,

LTTng started with 2.6.12 support
See
http://ltt.polymtl.ca/svn/trunk/lttv/doc/developer/lttng-lttv-compatibility.html
And http://ltt.polymtl.ca/lttng

See also Autodesk and IBM contributions, for partial ports to 2.6.9 :
http://ltt.polymtl.ca/contrib/autodesk/
http://ltt.polymtl.ca/contrib/ibm/

The old LTT supports kernels up to ~2.6.8 I think, but you will have a
hard time getting support for I.

See also the "Obsolete patch" section :
http://ltt.polymtl.ca/#TOCobsolete
Especially :
Original Linux Trace Toolkit Patch Collection from Yuri Frolov (kernel
2.6.10) (which is also for the old LTT)

But besides that, you are on your own if you need to stick to a
particular kernel version. There is no version of LTTng/LTT that applies
directly to 2.6.11 I am aware of.

It might be easier to consider moving to a more recent kernel.

Mathieu