[ltt-dev] LTTng roadmap (updated)

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Mon Dec 15 18:59:12 EST 2008

Well well, let's see what we have left to do before releasing LTTng to
LKML :

- Add LTTng "streaming" feature (buffer switch at periodical interval)
  - Should make the default number of subbuffers larger for channels
    which implement this kind of periodical subbuffer switch.
- Make sure lttd only send the data (without padding) to disk to make
  sure we don't end up with large empty traces in in streaming mode.
- Modify LTTV so it supports variable-sized buffers (create an index).
- Create ltt-ascii.ko
  - Note : the last lttng version implements the open()/close() refcount
    that will be used by an in-kernel interface for ltt-ascii.
- Patchset cleanup, patch folding
  Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers at polymtl.ca>