[lttng-dev] lttng-analysis error

Kienan Stewart kstewart at efficios.com
Tue Oct 31 15:36:15 EDT 2023

Hi Tao,

based on a quick test I performed, there may be a work-around that will
work for you.

The issue that I see is that at least the
`lttng_statedump_file_descriptor` events no longer have a pid field
which the older lttng-analyses code assumes is present.

To find this out
When running the manual recording steps, could you add the following
command before running `lttng start`:

```
lttng add-context --kernel --type=pid
```

To pinpoint the source of the error, I used the `--debug` parameter for
`lttng-analyses` as follows:

```
# lttng-schedtop --debug
lttng-traces/lttng-analysis-27010-20231031-182735/
Checking the trace for lost events...

Traceback (most recent call last):
                            ] ETA:  --:--:--
   File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/lttnganalyses/cli/command.py",
line 73, in _run_step
     fn()

   File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/lttnganalyses/cli/command.py",
line 365, in _run_analysis
     self._automaton.process_event(event)

   File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/lttnganalyses/linuxautomaton/automaton.py",
line 81, in process_event
     sp.process_event(ev)
   File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/lttnganalyses/linuxautomaton/sp.py",
line 33, in process_event
     self._cbs[name](ev)

   File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/lttnganalyses/linuxautomaton/statedump.py",
line 91, in _process_lttng_statedump_file_descriptor
     pid = event['pid']
   File
"/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/babeltrace/babeltrace.py", line
912, in __getitem__
     raise KeyError(field_name)

KeyError: 'pid'

Error: Cannot run analysis: 'pid'