[lttng-dev] userspace-rcu-0.14.0 - make check bug

Olivier Dion odion at efficios.com
Thu Aug 31 16:28:03 EDT 2023

Hi Alexei,

On Wed, 30 Aug 2023, Alexei Sholomitskiy via lttng-dev <lttng-dev at lists.lttng.org> wrote:

[...]

> ./configure --prefix=/libs/librcu-0.14.0 --enable-rcu-debug
> --enable-cds-lfht-iter-debug --disable-static
>
> make

Can you provide the log for the configure and make commands?

> alexei at Aspire:~/build/liburcu-0.14.0$ make check

[...]

> ERROR: test_urcu_multiflavor - too few tests run (expected 5, got 0)
> ERROR: test_urcu_multiflavor - exited with status 134 (terminated by
> signal 6?)

The multiflavor tests seem to be running since we can see the expected
count.  However, ERROR probably means that the test crashes.  Since the
`got count' is zero, I think it might have crashed in test_mf_memb().

[...]

> PASS: test_urcu_multiflavor_single_unit 1 - !test_mf_mb()
> PASS: test_urcu_multiflavor_single_unit 2 - !test_mf_bp()
> ERROR: test_urcu_multiflavor_single_unit - too few tests run (expected
> 5, got 2)
> ERROR: test_urcu_multiflavor_single_unit - exited with status 134

Here this time, we got two PASSes then an ERROR on the third test, which
is again on test_mf_memb().  So everything is pointing toward
test_mf_memb().  If this is the case, I suspect that if you run the
regression tests with `make regtest' you will have PASS on everything
except test_*_membarrier_* which will have ERROR.

[...]

Thanks,

Olivier
--