[lttng-dev] Discarded events

Bala Gundeboina Bala.Gundeboina at kpit.com
Sun Aug 13 10:58:17 EDT 2023

Hi,

I am Using LTTng in my project , I am recording a kernel session for long duration (eg more than 15minutes) I am enabling all the events for recording but some events discarding after stopping the session, if i run more than 5 minutes only some events are discarding. I have tried to change in the .ltttngrc file also to increase buffer-size.

lttng destroy
Destroying session `my-kernel-session`...
Session `my-kernel-session` destroyed
Warning: 94424667 events were discarded, please refer to the documentation on channel configuration

actually when i am running below command i am getting below warning i am thinking this is the issue because sometimes this warning is not coming that i didn't seen discarded events.  how to overcome this problem can you provide some detailed
lttng-sessiond --daemonize
Warning: Failed to produce a random seed using getrandom(), falling back to pseudo-random device seed generation which will block until its pool is initialized: Failed to get true random data using getre

Thanks & Regards
Bala Gundeboina
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the KPIT Technologies Ltd. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. KPIT Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.