[lttng-dev] Disabling sys_membarrier in lttng urcu

Norbert Lange nolange79 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 18:13:39 EDT 2021

Hello,

Some old topic, see
https://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2019-November/029411.html.
(I actually thought this was solved meanwhile).

With lttng 2.13 liburcu is replicated in lttng-ust so my old custom
hack aint helping.

Aside from another crude hack, I thought about doing this:

extern int lttng_ust_urcu_has_sys_membarrier;
int setup() {
  lttng_ust_urcu_has_sys_membarrier = 0;
}

this is obvious possible in my own program, but I don't know if some
lttng daemon would need to update RCU structures in shared memory that
should sync to other processes (and wont do that with sys_membarrier
in case of Xenomai threads)?

Seems safer to me to hack it out once more...

Norbert