[lttng-dev] LD_PRELOAD applications using lttng-ust-pthread

Majid Rezazadeh majid3612 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 03:35:39 UTC 2018

Hi all

I am using lttng-ust-libc-wrapper for instrumenting some calls to libc for
some applications like Firefox and Chrome, but I receive "Segmentation
fault (core dumped)". I compile lttng-ust-pthread.c (gcc -fPIC -shared  -o
test.so lttng-ust-pthread.c -ldl) and then I use "LD_PRELOAD=test.so
firefox" but I receive segmentation fault (I have exported LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to the absolute path of test.so file). I found out that when I replace
tracepoints with printf in lttng_ust_pthread.c, I receive no error. It
seems that hooking tracepoints in this wrapper makes some problems. Do you
have any idea in this regard?

Thanks

Majid