[lttng-dev] Tracing/Profiling boot

Martin Townsend mtownsend1973 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 15:56:40 EST 2016

Hi,

This is a bit of a long shot but does LTTng allow you trace boot?

I'm seeing a weird problem where if I boot with systemd-bootchart if boots
faster than just using systemd as the init process.  I created my own init
process based on  systemd-bootchart and worked out it was down to the fact
it called nanosleep, so I now have my own init process which hands over to
systemd and creates a child that nanosleeps for the boot duration.  I would
really like to trace/profile the scheduler and hrtimers understand what's
happening and try and get a proper fix :)  Even if it means a bit of
hacking kernel/LTTng, I would be willing to do this.

Many Thanks, Martin.