[lttng-dev] about how to trouble-shooting when lttng-sessiond crash happens.

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Tue Aug 2 19:09:48 UTC 2016

Hi Jenny,

LTTng 2.5 has been unsupported for a while now. The oldest supported
version is LTTng 2.7. You may want to update to the latest LTTng 2.8.x
release and see if the problem persists.

As for how to collect a back trace, if you have collected a core file,
open it in GDB and use:

(gdb) thread apply all bt full

This should provide you with a complete back trace of all threads at
the time of the crash.

Regards,
Jérémie

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 5:03 AM, Jenny Gu <jenny.gu at ericsson.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> We’re now applying lttng 2.5 in our system but we experienced lttng-sessiond
> crash. Could you show how to dump the back trace of the core? Thanks very
> much.
>

> BRs,
>
> Jenny.

Jérémie Galarneau