[lttng-dev] LTTng-ust 2.4.0-rc4 build error with uClibc

Woegerer, Paul Paul_Woegerer at mentor.com
Wed Feb 19 04:00:15 EST 2014

Hi Santiago,

it looks like uClibc does not have proper support for dlinfo().

You have two options:

Switch to a different C library suitable for embedded systems that does
have proper support for dlinfo(): http://www.eglibc.org/home

Build without liblttng-ust-dl (simply remove it from the list of SUBDIRS
in the top-level Makefile.am) and accept that the following LTTng 2.4
feature is missing in your custom build:
http://git.lttng.org/?p=lttng-ust.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/man/lttng-ust-dl.3;hb=HEAD

HTH,
Paul

On 02/18/2014 04:56 PM, Santiago Font wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build LTTng-ust using uClibc and I get the following error:
>
>                         ustdl.c:95:22: error: 'RTLD_DI_LINKMAP'
> undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> Checking the file dlfcn.h from uClibc, the code defining that enum is
> disabled by:
>
>                         #if 0 /* not supported by uClibc */
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks,
>               Santi

Paul Woegerer, SW Development Engineer
Sourcery Analyzer <http://go.mentor.com/sourceryanalyzer>
Mentor Graphics, Embedded Software Division