[lttng-dev] Using lttng 2.0 with a kernel 2.6.32 (CentOS 6)

Yannick Brosseau yannick.brosseau at gmail.com
Thu May 10 10:43:50 EDT 2012

Hi All,

By backporting patches to the 2.6.32 kernel and modifying the current
lttng-modules, I've manage to get lttng 2.0 work on a CentOS 6
installation. It's a redhat kernel so it already contains several
modification, so theses changes might not be sufficient to make it work
on a vanilla 2.6.32 kernel. But it's a start.

The only problem I've left is that all syscalls appears as sys_unknown.

The make it works:
The tree patches and the RPM specs file to make it work with the CentOS
6 kernel:
http://www.dorsal.polymtl.ca/~ybrosseau/lttng2.0-2.6.32/

Modification to lttng-modules, based on the latest stable 2.0:
http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/~ybrosseau?p=lttng-modules-2.6.32.git;a=summary

I hope this could be useful.

Yannick