[lttng-dev] Bash completion v0.00001

Simon Marchi simon.marchi at polymtl.ca
Mon Jan 23 23:17:03 EST 2012

Hi,

This is my first or so version of the programmable bash completion
(tab completion) for the LTTng 2.0 command line tool:

http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/~smarchi?p=lttng-bash-completion.git;a=blob;f=lttng;hb=HEAD

Currently, it is able to complete general options (before the
command), the command names and command-specific options (after the
command). The patch I sent earlier today for lttng-tools is needed for
the completion to work, so if you want to try it, you can either wait
for it to be merged or apply it yourself.

Install instructions for Debian-based distros:

1- Make sure that the bash-completion package is installed on your system
2- Copy the file in /etc/bash_completion.d
3- Type source /etc/bash_completion

In the future, it would be interesting to be able to complete session
names, channel names, and maybe perf counter names, which look like a
big headache to type by hand.

Comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Simon