[lttng-dev] [RELEASE] LTTng 2.0 prerelease bundle 20120216
mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Thu Feb 16 15:02:50 EST 2012
LTTng, the Linux Trace Toolkit Next Generation, is a highly efficient
full system tracing solution toolchain. It is composed of several
components to allow tracing of the kernel, of userspace, trace viewing
and analysis and trace streaming. LTTng is open source software.
You can get a the current release "bundle" (recommanded set of packages)
at the following URL:
Current versions as of 20120216:
Project website: http://lttng.org
Download link: http://lttng.org/lttng2.0
(please refer to the README files for installation instructions and
lttng-tools doc/quickstart.txt for usage information)
- Efficient synchronized User-space and Kernel tracing using the same
time source provides view of correlated kernel and user-space events.
- LTTng 2.0 kernel modules build against a vanilla or distribution
kernel, without need for additional patches,
- Tracepoints, detailed syscall tracing (fast strace replacement),
CPU Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) counters, dynamic address/symbol
probing (kprobes) and function call/return tracing (kretprobes support),
- Have the ability to attach "context" information to events in the
trace (e.g. any PMU counter, pid, ppid, tid, comm name, etc).
All the extra information fields to be collected with events are
optional, specified on a per-tracing-session basis (except for
timestamp and event id, which are mandatory).
- Allows non-root users part of the "tracing" group to perform kernel
and userspace tracing.
- Allows multiple tracing sessions to be active concurrently, each with
its own instrumentation set.
- Integrated interface for both kernel and userspace tracing,
- Produces CTF (Common Trace Format) natively,
Operating System Efficiency R&D Consultant
More information about the lttng-dev