[lttng-dev] Getting 64bit int from babeltrace library

eikosaedron at gmail.com eikosaedron at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 23:56:16 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I hope you can help me with a problem I've encountered using the babeltrace C libraries to write a trace parsing tool.

I have fields which contain 64 bit integers. However, when I call bt_ctf_get_uint64 from the event callback on that field, it only returns the lower 32 bits. The upper bits are all 0's. I've called get_int_len to confirm they are 64 bits and tried accessing the values directly but I'm still facing the same problem.

Running babeltrace on the same trace files prints out the full 64 bits in base 16. The top 32 bits should not be all 0's.

Could there be something wrong with my build setup or anything else I've overlooked in getting the the full 64 bit integers into the babeltrace structures?

Thanks,
Jon