[ltt-dev] Userspace rcu using POSIX tls?

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Wed May 4 00:31:44 EDT 2011

* pplists at me.com (pplists at me.com) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm about to make an attempt at porting liburcu (et al.) to systems
> which only supports POSIX thread local storage (targeting Android).

Sounds like an interesting project. With the recently introduced ARM
support, it should be relatively easy.

We use the pthread primitives for mutexes, thread creation, and rely on
the TLS provided by gcc. Can you elaborate more on the limitations the
Android target has with respect to pthread and TLS support ?