[ltt-dev] Running first tests and Stats

Fabio Kaminski fabiokaminski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 16:24:32 EST 2010

Hi ,

Im playing with Urcu , and first thing was to tried the tests.. and source
of it..

Read throughtput is very impressive.. really unbeliavable.. :)

so first of all.. thanks for this amazing initiative.. to create this user
level library!

As RCU theoretically mostly uses spinlocks instead of mutexes.. i thought in
give it a trie..

and changed the test_urcu to use spinlock.. (the same ones provided by
pthread library) and made a copy..with original  mutex lock..

in my own tests.. the writes, with low hits,  almost double its values..
while reads, downgrade just a bit.. (i particularly liked this version :))

so.. my question is if anyone have tried this..

and what are the impressions?!