[ltt-dev] Run simultaneous lttng kerner tracer and userspace tracer

patrick mekeze pmekeze at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 6 12:07:06 EDT 2010

Hello every boby!

I am a high school student and it is now about one month that i decided to interest on lttng projet because i was searching about some metric tools for unix systems.
The goal of my research is to develop a tool which would work as a "fligth recover " for a unix system running on a power PC hardward support.

i decided to work for the first time on an intel processor and after, i will make a croos compilation for my target which is a power PC processor

I have already built a linux kernel with the lttng patch and i have install all the need tool to have a lttv analyser

Because i would like to trace some programm running on userspace, i have install usttrace tool.

After this i wrote a short application with a marker inside as i see in the usttrace tutorial available on website.

When i run this with command $usttrace ./testprogramm , i have in the promt the name of directory where trace are logged and i can use lttv to analyze it. here i can see well my event "myevent" on the wiever.

But  when i activated kernel trace with command $ lttctl -C -w /tmp/trace1 trace1, and run my userspace programm with command $ ./testprogramm, i am not able to get the myevent.

so that, i want to know how tu run lttctl tools and userspace programm to get and analyze simultaneous on the lttv-gui  ,kernel event and userspace event.

thank you all for your help.

Patrick