[ltt-dev] LTT : cpu : 32043 events lost in cpu channel (cpu 1).
compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Fri Dec 5 06:16:51 EST 2008
* Gian Lorenzo Meocci (glmeocci at gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to trace x264 code with a SCHED_RR policy for all threads.
> When I use this policy or SCHED_FIFO policy I always obtain this
> LTT : cpu : 32043 events lost in cpu channel (cpu 1).
> I am using:
> Linux 22.214.171.124-profiled #2 SMP Fri Nov 7 14:17:36 CET 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
> Linux Trace Toolkit Trace Daemon 0.57-28102008
> Linux Trace Toolkit Visualizer 0.11.5-06112008
- Increasing the buffer size (see high event rate buffer size in lttctl
--help) or the number of subbuffers. Note that those are both rounded
to the next power of two.
- Running in flight recorder mode. You would then have only the last X
events from the trace, but you won't be limited by your disk output.
- Having a faster disk output.
- Looking at the most frequent events in the trace and disabling this
instrumentation. using lttv -m textDump --noevent path_to_trace
should help finding the most frequent event.
> Thanks a lot,
> Ing. Gian Lorenzo Meocci
> ltt-dev mailing list
> ltt-dev at lists.casi.polymtl.ca
OpenPGP key fingerprint: 8CD5 52C3 8E3C 4140 715F BA06 3F25 A8FE 3BAE 9A68
More information about the lttng-dev